Have you had your Vaccines? Adults need vaccines too.
Below are a few of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) recommended immunizations for adults. Be sure to keep track of your immunizations with this Adult-Immunization-Record sheet.
Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis (Td, Tdap)
- For all adults
- Needed every 10 years
- Prevents lockjaw, which can come from a cut
- Tetanus kills about 1 out of 5 people who get it
Human Papillomavirus (HPV)
- Sexually transmitted virus
- Commonly leads to cervical cancer
- All women 19-24 years old
You may need other shots too. People with certain health conditions may also need:
- MMR (measles, mumps, rubella)
- Zoster (shingles)
- Pneumococcal (pneumonia caused by strep bacteria)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B (liver disease)
- Meningococcal (meningitis)
For more information, visit www.cdc.gov. Check with your doctor to see if you need these or other adult immunizations. California Health & Wellness Member Services can help you find a doctor, make an appointment or schedule transportation.