Benefits During a Disaster
California Health & Wellness is here for you when a disaster strikes
- 09-06-2022 El Dorado, Placer, Riverside Counties
- 09-06-2022 California Extreme Heat
- 09-06-2022 Siskiyou County
- 01-06-2022 Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sierra and Yuba Counties
- 09-29-2021 Shasta County
- 09-10-2021 Lake County
- 08-31-2021 Amador, Alpine and Placer Counties
- 08-18-2021 El Dorado County
- 08-10-2021 Nevada and Placer Counties
When the President, Governor or the Secretary of Health and Human Services declares a disaster or public emergency, California Health & Wellness works to ensure you have access to benefits and services. Some of the offered coverage during disasters may typically include:
- Covering Medicare Parts A and B services and supplement Part C services at non-contracting facilities;
- Waiving requirements for refills of Medicare Part D drugs;
- Waiving requirements for referrals and authorizations;
- Providing the same cost-sharing for services as if the service or benefit was provided by a plan-contracted provider;
- Covering your prescription filled at an out-of-network pharmacy, if you cannot use a network pharmacy.
We implement these changes immediately upon notification of a disaster or public emergency. Check the published press release for specific benefit coverage for each County or situation. California Health & Wellness makes all of these changes that help our members, effective immediately. California Health & Wellness benefits protection will remain in place until:
- The President, Governor or the Secretary of Health and Human Services declares the disaster or public emergency has ended, or
- 90 days have passed since the declaration of the disaster or public emergency.
If California Health & Wellness is unable to operate or resume normal business processes due to a disaster or public emergency, we will notify the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). If you have any questions or need help with getting access to your drugs, contact us.