Learn about Epocrates with this free Webinar:
How to Navigate Epocrates Mobile
The California Health & Wellness formulary* is now available via Epocrates, a drug reference app that providers can use to obtain quick drug information and clinical prescribing tools. Epocrates helps providers prescribe the preferred medications by proactively showing them formulary alternatives and coverage limitations. This avoids disruption to access of medications by limiting pharmacy rejections and the need for prior authorizations.
Epocrates also allows providers to:
- Review drug prescribing and safety information for thousands of brand, generic, and OTC drugs
- Check for potentially harmful drug-drug interactions among up to 30 drugs at a time
- Identify pills by imprint code and physical characteristics
- Access timely medical news and research information
- Find providers for consults and referrals in the Provider Directory
- Select national and regional health care insurance formularies for drug coverage information
- Perform dozens of calculations, such as BMI and GFR
- Coordinate care securely with HIPAA-compliant text messaging
*NOTE: This formulary listing is not inclusive nor does it guarantee coverage, but represents a summary of prescription drug coverage. The California Health & Wellness Preferred Drug List (PDL), also known as our formulary, is available on our Pharmacy Program page or by phone at 1-877-658-0305. California Health & Wellness requires generic substitution when an equivalent generic drug is available. A prior authorization request may be faxed to 1-866-399-0929.
Please follow the instructions below to use Epocrates, or view this webinar: How to Navigate Epocrates Mobile.
To get started with your Epocrates subscription, click HERE for the license code activation link. To redeem your license code, click the 'Activate' button.
If you do not have an Epocrates account
Click on 'Register Now' and follow instructions to create your free account
If you already have an Epocrates account
- Login to your Epocrates account.
- The product will be added to the shopping cart automatically. Your total should be $0.00 (if your total is not $0.00, please reenter the license code and hit apply). Click the 'Check Out' button.
- Click 'Confirm' and click 'Continue' on the following screen.
- When complete, follow the on screen instructions to download and install.
iPhone/iPad/iTouch (installing Epocrates for the first time)
Before you install Epocrates to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, you’ll need both an Epocrates account and and Apple ID. iPod touch users, please make sure your device is connected to an open Wi-Fi network. To check your Wi-Fi settings tap on "Settings", then "Wi-Fi".
To install Epocrates to your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad:
- Launch the App store
- Tap the search box and type in "Epocrates"
- Tap to select Epocrates
- Tap "Free," then tap "Install"
Please note that from the App Store, you will download the Epocrates free application. Once you enter your Epocrates username and password (step 7, below), your premium subscription will automatically be downloaded to your device.
- Enter your Apple ID and password
- Return to your device's home screen and tap on the Epocrates icon
- Enter your Epocrates username and password (Note: they are CASE SENSITIVE)
- Tap "Submit"
- Allow the update to complete
First Time Installation of Epocrates on your Android:
- On your Android device, select the Play store (Android Market) icon and search for Epocrates
- Select Epocrates and tap on Install. Tap on Accept & Download on the Permissions screen
- When the application is installed, tap on Epocrates and follow the on-screen instructions
- Once Epocrates launches, you will see a welcome page. Tap on Sign-In, enter your email address and Epocrates password, then tap Sign-In again to confirm
Upgrading your current Android Epocrates app:
- On your Android device, select the Play Store (Android Market) icon
- Go to the Downloads area
- Locate Epocrates in the list of installed applications. If an update is available, click Update Now. If no update is available skip to step 7.
- At the end of the update, locate the Epocrates icon and tap to open the program.
- Sign in with your Epocrates username and password. Paid features transfer during this process.
- The upgrade may take up to 20 minutes depending on the program you are installing and your connection type/speed.
- If you have the most recent version of the program, open Epocrates and tap on Updates. Perform an update. Paid features will transfer during this updated.
Customer Support: If you are having any difficulties regarding the installation, configuration, or usage of the product, you can email Epocrates at email@example.com, or call Monday through Friday 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. (PST) at 1-800-230-2150.