Welcome to California Health & Wellness. We thank you for being part of our network of participating physicians, hospitals and other healthcare professionals.
At California Health & Wellness, we recognize the important role healthcare providers play in ensuring member access to high quality services. We are dedicated to providing resources and support for you, when and how you need it. We invite you to participate in our webinars to learn more about California Health & Wellness and trending healthcare topics. Please check this page often as our webinar schedule is updated regularly. If you have any questions, please contact your Provider Relations Representative or call Provider Services at 1-877-658-0305.
Partnership with Skilled Nursing Facilities
About the webinar
To further CalAIM's goals to standardize and reduce complexity across the state and reduce county-to-county differences, the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) is implementing Benefit Standardization across managed care plans statewide. Benefit Standardization will help ensure consistency in what benefits are delivered by managed care statewide.
Topics that will be covered:
- About Health Net
- LTC Carve-In
- Long Term Care Claims Submission and Payment
- Prior Authorizations and Admissions for Long Term Care
- Transportation services
Webinars available for Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) training and additional areas to support your work with CalAIM and other special populations. These cover the history of ACEs and how ACEs affect lifelong health, Motivational Interviewing, Social Determinants of Health, Cultural Humility and more.
The Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Survey, a Patient Experience Survey
About the Webinar
- Patients' interactions with their providers and provider office staff directly impact the patients' health care experience and their perception of quality care.
- The CAHPS® survey is an annual health care experience survey required by the Centers by Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) and for the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) accreditation.
- CAHPS and patient experience are becoming increasingly important in health care. Prepare now by learning how to improve the care experience for all of your patients.
Topics that will be covered:
- Introduction to CAHPS®
- CAHPS® Timeline
- CAHPS® Questions
- Recommendations and Best Practices
Improving Timely Follow-Up Care After an Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness or Substance Use
- Describe the importance of timely follow-up care for individuals that have had an emergency department visit for mental illness or substance use diagnoses.
- Identify different ways follow-up care can be administered to support the individual's treatment plan.
- Administer the appropriate standardized screening tools to screen for mental health conditions and substance use disorders.
Topics that will be covered:
- Introduction to HEDIS® measures Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Mental Illness (FUM) and Follow-Up After Emergency Department Visit for Substance Use (FUA)
- Services that support FUM and FUA compliance
- Recommendations and best practices
Advancing Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
This webinar instructs clinicians on how to improve antibiotic prescribing to prevent harmful side effects and antibiotic resistance.
Speakers from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) and the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health will provide updates on:
- Antibiotic stewardship
- Best practices in antibiotic prescribing
- How to discuss antibiotics with your patients
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected antibiotic prescribing.
Pre-recorded webinar: Advancing Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship (duration: 34 minutes)
Provider Webinar: Medi-Cal Rx Prior Authorization Reinstatement
Watch this webinar to learn about Medi-Cal Rx reinstatement of prior authorization for several drug classes. No registration is needed. View a prerecorded webinar if you can’t attend the live version.
- Prerecorded webinar – On-demand, 13 minutes in length
- Live webinar – September 23, 2022, noon–1:00 p.m.
For more information about the reinstatement, go to Provider News to access provider update 22-709m, Find Out What Changed: Reinstatement of Prior Authorizations for Several Drug Classes Under Medi-Cal Rx, distributed on August 31, 2022.
This webinar shares the quick and convenient ways that PCPs use eConsults, a no-cost specialty care resource that California Health & Wellness offers to providers serving Medi-Cal members. Learn about eConsults, which are digital dialogues between PCPs and CA-licensed specialists to provide rapid support to the PCP. Our eConsult Provider, ConferMED, uses native referral workflows and has a network of 30+ adult and pediatric specialties available to share expertise to enhance member care.
Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) Survey
Facility Site and Medical Record Review Training
California Collaborative Site Review Training workgroup is comprised of 22 Medi-Cal plans in California that have come together to create one comprehensive training to educate Our Primary Care Network providers. This training has been mandated by the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) as directed through All Plan Letter (APL) 20-006. the updated standards to take affect as soon as the Public Health Emergency defined by Governor Newsom has been lifted for California. These revised Tools and Standards are in response to the growing number of Preventative measures set forth from a multitude of organizations such as the CDC, USPSTF, OSHA, AAP to name a few.
These trainings comprise of a Facility portion and a Medical Records portion. Our goal is to update these training videos as our industry changes. DHCS has made it their mission to revise these tools about every 2 years to aid in the health of California’s Medi-Cal recipients and provide the highest quality of service.
HEDIS Improvement Program (HIP)
HIP recognizes and rewards open-panel and participating PCPs and clinics for their improvement in quality outcomes. The improvement measures are derived from the Managed Care Accountability Set (MCAS) from the Department of Health Care Services (DHCS).
We invite you to participate in one of our webinars to learn more about California Health & Wellness. For your convenience, we will offer the webinar multiple times. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Benefits Explanation
- Billing and Claims Submission
- Medical Management Processes
- California Children's Services (CCS)
- Grievances and Appeals Process
- And much more
CalAIM Provider Training
CalAIM (California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal) is a multi-year initiative by DHCS to improve the quality of life and health outcomes of our population by implementing broad delivery system, program and payment reform across the Medi-Cal program.
We have developed a thorough optional training program designed to ensure the successful deployment of CalAIM. The trainings includes the following topic:
- General managed care 101 overview and how it impacts CalAIM
- Member engagement and data sharing process with our plan for Enhanced Care Management (ECM)
- Referrals, Authorization, and Claims process for ECM and Community Supports (CS)
- And more
Enhanced Care Management
- ECM Member Engagement and Data Sharing Overview (recording)
- ECM Data Exchange Files Review (recording)
- Referrals and Auths Guidance for ECM Providers (recording)
- Claims and Invoice Guidance for ECM Providers (recording)
- findhelp walkthrough for ECM Providers (recording)
- Medi-Cal New Provider Resources
During this session, our SMEs will be available to answer questions you have on:
- Signing up for sFTP and sFTP troubleshooting
- Member Information File
- Return Transmission File
- Outreach Tracker File
Join the CalAIM Provider Training webinar here
Office Hour Schedule
- July 6, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- August 5, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- September 6, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- October 6, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- November 4, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- December 6, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- January 6, 2023 11:30 a.m.
- February 6, 2023 11:30 a.m.
- March 6, 2023 11:30 a.m.
Clinical Provider Trainings
California Health & Wellness network providers and their stakeholders have access to take part in free specialized behavioral health clinical trainings. Providers interested in training may register for training here.
Available training topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Evidence-based practices, promising practices and emerging best practices
- Cultural Competency
- Suicide Risk and Assessment
- Integrated physical and behavioral health
- Substance Related and Addictive Disorders overviews
- Strengths Based Treatment
- Mental Health First Aid for Youth and Adults
- Provider Screening tools for screening behavioral health symptoms
- For continuing training on behavioral health and substance use, please refer to this Training and Education Course Catalog (PDF). The courses cover several behavioral health and substance use topics, across multiple age groups and populations.