Welcome to California Health & Wellness. We thank you for being part of our network of participating physicians, hospitals and other healthcare professionals.
At California Health & Wellness, we recognize the important role healthcare providers play in ensuring member access to high quality services. We are dedicated to providing resources and support for you, when and how you need it. We invite you to participate in our webinars to learn more about California Health & Wellness and trending healthcare topics. Please check this page often as our webinar schedule is updated regularly. If you have any questions, please contact your Provider Relations Representative or call Provider Services at 1-877-658-0305.
We invite you to participate in one of our webinars to learn more about California Health & Wellness. For your convenience, we will offer the webinar multiple times. Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Benefits Explanation
- Billing and Claims Submission
- Medical Management Processes
- California Children's Services (CCS)
- Grievances and Appeals Process
- And much more
CalAIM Provider Training
CalAIM (California Advancing and Innovating Medi-Cal) is a multi-year initiative by DHCS to improve the quality of life and health outcomes of our population by implementing broad delivery system, program and payment reform across the Medi-Cal program.
We have developed a thorough optional training program designed to ensure the successful deployment of CalAIM. The trainings includes the following topic:
- General managed care 101 overview and how it impacts CalAIM
- Member engagement and data sharing process with our plan for Enhanced Care Management (ECM)
- Referrals, Authorization, and Claims process for ECM and Community Supports (CS)
- And more
CalAIM Trainings and Office Hour
Enhanced Care Management
- ECM Member Engagement and Data Sharing Overview (recording)
- ECM Data Exchange Files Review (recording)
- Referrals and Auths Guidance for ECM Providers (recording)
- Claims and Invoice Guidance for ECM Providers (recording)
- findhelp walkthrough for ECM Providers (recording)
- Medi-Cal New Provider Resources
During this session, our SMEs will be available to answer questions you have on:
- Signing up for SFTP
- Targeted Engagement List
- Response files
Office Hour Schedule:
Every month on the Fourth Tuesday, until March 28, 2023.
- February 22, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- March 22, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- April 26, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- May 24, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- June 28, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- July 26, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- August 23, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- September 27, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- October 25, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- November 22, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- December 27, 2022 11:30 a.m.
- January 24, 2023 11:30 a.m.
- February 28, 2023 11:30 a.m.
- March 28, 2023 11:30 a.m.
Clinical Provider Trainings
California Health & Wellness network providers and their stakeholders have access to take part in free specialized behavioral health clinical trainings. Providers interested in training may register for training here.
Available training topics include but are not limited to the following:
- Evidence-based practices, promising practices and emerging best practices
- Cultural Competency
- Suicide Risk and Assessment
- Integrated physical and behavioral health
- Substance Related and Addictive Disorders overviews
- Strengths Based Treatment
- Mental Health First Aid for Youth and Adults
- Provider Screening tools for screening behavioral health symptoms
- For continuing training on behavioral health and substance use, please refer to this Training and Education Course Catalog (PDF). The courses cover several behavioral health and substance use topics, across multiple age groups and populations.