California Health & Wellness Providing Special Assistance to Members Affected by Wildfires
SACRAMENTO, July 25, 2022 – In response to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s declared state of emergency in Mariposa County, California Health and Wellness is providing special assistance to ensure its members affected by the ongoing wildfire have access to essential prescription medications and other healthcare services to help them cope with grief, loss, stress or trauma.
- During evacuations, members in Mariposa County affected by the wildfire can obtain an emergency supply from the drug store where they originally filled their prescription.
- If their drug store is closed, members can call California Health and Wellness at 1-877-658-0305, option 2, for assistance.
Help with Coping
California Health and Wellness members can also call MHN for coping support. MHN can offer referrals to mental health counselors, local services, or phone consultations. These services can help members cope with grief, stress, or trauma related to the wildfires. MHN operates their hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached at 1-800-227-1060.
Video Medical Appointments
If members cannot reach their primary care provider during a declared state of emergency, California Health and Wellness provides access to telehealth services at no cost. To make an appointment, members should reference the back of their California Health and Wellness ID card for more information on how to access telehealth services. Members can find this same information by registering with and logging on to CAHealthWellness.com.
Information for Healthcare Providers
Doctors and nurse practitioners can call California Health and Wellness Provider Service Center at 1-877-658-0305 for help with:
- Emergency prescription refill guidelines
- Escalating approvals to reduce approval turnaround times
- Approval for out-of-network treatments when in-network resources are unavailable
Other Important Information
Depending on how long the members need additional assistance, California Health & Wellness may take additional steps to ensure its members have access to necessary healthcare services as necessary.