California Health and Wellness Providing Special Assistance to Members Affected by Wildfires, Flash Flooding
California Health and Wellness Assisting Members in Alpine, El Dorado, Inyo, Los Angeles and Placer Counties During State of Emergency
Sacramento, November 22, 2022 – In response to Gov. Gavin Newsom's declared state of emergencies in Alpine, El Dorado, Inyo, Los Angeles and Placer counties, California Health and Wellness is providing special assistance to assist members affected by the wildfires and flash flooding. California Health and Wellness wants to ensure its members have access to essential prescription medications, critical California Health and Wellness information and other healthcare services should their services be interrupted.
- During the duration of the state of emergency, members in Alpine, El Dorado, Inyo, Los Angeles and Placer counties affected by the wildfires or flash flooding can obtain an emergency supply from the drug store where they originally filled their prescription.
- If their drug store is closed, members can call California Health and Wellness at 1-877-658-0305, option 2, for assistance.
Help with Coping
California Health and Wellness members can also call MHN for coping support. MHN can offer referrals to mental health counselors, local services, or phone consultations. These services can help members cope with grief, stress, or trauma related to the wildfires or flash flooding. MHN operates their hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week and can be reached at 1-800-227-1060.
Video Medical Appointments
If members cannot reach their primary care provider during a declared state of emergency, California Health and Wellness provides access to telehealth services at no cost. To make an appointment, members should reference the back of their California Health and Wellness ID card for more information on how to access telehealth services. Members can find this same information by registering with and logging on to CAHealthWellness.com.
Information for Healthcare Providers
Doctors and nurse practitioners can call California Health and Wellness Provider Service Center at 1-877-658-0305 for help with:
- Emergency prescription refill guidelines
- Escalating approvals to reduce approval turnaround times
- Approval for out-of-network treatments when in-network resources are unavailable
Other Important Information
Depending on how long the members need additional assistance, California Health & Wellness may take additional steps to ensure its members have access to necessary healthcare services as necessary.